According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), it is estimated that around 2.3 million construction workers do work related to scaffolding. That way, many workers have the potential to experience several hazards related to scaffolding such as falls, falling objects, and electric shocks. With so many workers who are potentially exposed to hazards when using scaffolds, the implementation of safety in using scaffolding needs to be a priority. On the other hand, if you also need to rent some high-quality scaffoldings, we suggest you call the best Scaffold tower hire company right away buy best heras fence panels.
There are many aspects to check to make sure the scaffold is safe before use. Each type of scaffold to be used must be checked first by a scaffolder.
Several aspects of scaffolding that should be examined include:
1. Make sure the work permit is complete, usually includes a Job Safety Analysis (JSA), scaffolder certificate, and scaffolding permit
2. Check the materials used for scaffolding components and fixtures and make sure they are in good working order, not damaged or defective. Must be made of special materials that are permitted
3. Perform a visual inspection of all parts of the scaffold, including the foundation, frame, work floor, entrance to the work floor, and the very top of the scaffold building. Make sure it is not corroded, damaged, deformed, warped/bent, or any improper parts
4. Check the stability of the scaffolding building
5. Check that all clamps or clamps are working properly
6. Make sure the area for anchor placement on the full-body harness is at least waist level.
7. Ensure all fall risks are properly controlled, for example by installing the necessary railings
8. Ensure that the scaffold is provided with the necessary safeguards or devices
9. Next, when it is confirmed that the scaffold is safe, install the green scafftag near the access to the scaffold ladder.
Types of scafftag for scaffolding:
– Green sign: safe
– Yellow sign: safe with conditions (need additional safety devices)
– Red sign: unsafe (scaffolding should not be used)