Though it looks firm, this doesn’t mean the door of your garage does not need to maintain. These are some tips on caring for garage doors that you need to know. The garage door is one of the entrances of the house in addition to its role as a car guard. The weight that reaches 250kg can harm small children and even adults if damaged. Not only endangers the inhabitants of the house, but damaged garage doors also invite thieves into the house. If you need help installing a garage door, you can contact Garage Door Repair Service Dayton Ohio.
For that important caring also ensure the garage door is safe to use. And make sure it works well. Here are tips on caring for garage doors you need to know.
– First, check the track, roll and hinges of the garage door. Dust and oil can be a permanent occupant of this garage door component. Dust and oil can cause the garage door to drag. Clean with a damp cloth.
– With the garage door closed, check tools such as bolts, screwdrivers or other items that you store in the garage do not disappear. If anything is missing, operate the tool using a wrench or fix the storage.
– Once clean, oil the garage door. The oil-deficient garage door can also make the door drag. Use a special spray garage door lubricant, spray quite a lot. Do not use liquid lubricants because they can attract dust and dirt. Wipe excess lubricant using a towel or cloth.
– Now check the weather stripping (located under the garage door). Try closing the door, if the door is not perfectly closed, it means time to change weatherstripping with a new one.
– If you have an automatic garage, try an electric indicator light test located at the end of the garage door track. Place two of the four lights on the indicator light container and press the button to close the door. If it works well, the garage door will not move in any detail.
– Some garages use pressure sensors. Place any object on the garage door and press the button to close it. If the sensor is working properly, your garage door will re-open as soon as possible when it comes to the difference.